Our Goal and Why We Come Together
Provide clean water, sanitation and hygiene to all Zambians having to walk 6 kilometers per day, carrying contaminated water.
How will this work?
- Participants can choose to do our traditional (2.4K) walk, carrying water from Millennium Park to the drop stations at Foothill Park,
- Or choose to do our new ‘distance’ 6K walk using the same traditional route with extensions in Foothill Park. These walkers will not carry water but ‘go the distance’.
- Our walk date of April 21, 2018 is earlier as we were unable to coincide with the World Vision May 19, 2018 Global 6K date.
- Location: event starts at Lake Oswego Foothills Park.
- Registration fee is $50 per adult and $25 per child.
- Directions to Park: Foothills Park, 199 Foothills Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
- All walkers should be ready to walk at 9:00am for opening ceremonies. All walkers should finish by 10:45am. Celebrations to follow.
- Registration Kits will be sent to registrant’s address shortly after registering. This will include a walker’s bib with a photo of a child yet to receive clean water. Registrant will be walking for such a child.
- Parents registering children, simply add them as an additional participants when you register, using your email.
- All fees go 100% to the WaterAfrica Zambia water projects.
- Donations are always welcome on our website or directly to WaterAfrica, PO Box 2012, LO, 97035.
- Corporate Sponsorship: see details here or contact Tedd Tritt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsors will be recognized for your special support of WaterAfrica.
- Child Walk Sponsorships: In the spirit of the 6K distance walked daily by Zambian children, providing water for life for 6 Zambians is $300. All families and groups reaching a total donation of $300 will be recognized as special Child Walk Sponsors. Further explanation and details here.
- All sponsors are recognized on our website and on the day-of-event. See our W4W11 sponsors here.