Our Goal and Why We Come Together
Provide clean water, sanitation and hygiene to all Zambians having to walk 6 kilometers per day, carrying contaminated water.
How will this work?
- Participants can choose to do our traditional (2.4K) walk, carrying water from Millennium Park to the drop stations at Foothill Park,
- Or choose to do our new ‘distance’ 6K walk using the same traditional route with extensions in Foothill Park. These walkers will not carry water but ‘go the distance’.
- Location: event starts at Lake Oswego Foothills Park.
- Directions to Park: Foothills Park, 199 Foothills Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
- All walkers should be ready to walk at 9:00am for opening ceremonies. All walkers should finish by 10:45am. Celebrations to follow.
- Registration Kits will be sent to registrants address a few days later. This will include a walker’s bib with a photo of a child yet to receive clean water. Registrant will be walking for such a child.
- We have a one step multi-registration process this year. So, for example, if an adult is registering they can sign up kids and just include their contact information.
- If a parent wants to register a child, they can just use their email address.
- All fees go 100% to the WaterAfrica Zambia water projects.
2017 WaterAfrica Walk4Water10
2017 Global 6k
- Corporate Sponsorship: contact Tedd Tritt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsors will be recognized for your support of WaterAfrica.
- Child Walk Sponsorships: In the spirit of the 6K distance walked daily by Zambian children, a total donation of $300 provides six Zambians water for life. All families, teams and groups exceeding $300 in total donations will be recognized as special Sponsors of Children.
- All sponsors are recognized on our website and on the day-of-event.